On February 16, 1991, a little girl was born. She was the most beautiful baby anyone had ever seen and all who saw her knew she was destined for greatness. Her name was Alexandra Josephine Teresa Charlotte Marie Wilhelmine, and she was the Princess of Luxembourg. Several thousand miles to the west, another baby was born. She was really cute when you covered the mountainous bump sticking out of her cranium, and she, too, was destined for greatness…maybe. I guess that’s still to be determined. Anyway, her name was Rylee, and according to astrology, the “science” (and I use that term loosely) of heavenly bodies on human affairs, she was born an Aquarius.
I don’t hold any store in astrology, but here’s a break down of what is suite101.com says an Aquarius is like.
- Eccentric and Unpredictable
- Eccentric? I don’t really think that applies to me…unless you count my obsessive need to show everyone how great I am at Psych knowledge or my North-Dakota-Doesn’t-Exist theory as eccentricities.
- I don’t really like change, but I do like being spontaneous sometimes. So, sure, why not–I’m unpredictable.
- Extroverted and Experimental
- I wouldn’t call myself an extrovert. I like talking to people and am getting better at meeting new friends, but I’m not to the point where I’d say I’m an extrovert quite yet.
- Experimental? Maybe in my cooking…I did make paella the other night. In my crockpot. Booyah.
- A Love of Debate
- Heck no. I have friends that like to debate, and while I love them, I do not like arguing with people. It makes me want to hide in a corner and whimper.
- Technological Aptitude
- Generous and Bad with Money
- I’m not nearly as generous as I would like to be, but we’re all working on things, right?
- I consider myself fairly good with money. Sometimes I spend my money what may seem a little recklessly, but I keep a budget, so it’s just all in the plan.
- Humanitarian Leanings
- I have this totally unrealistic dream where I move to some remote South American place and teach little kids English. Can we count that as humanitarian?
- Tactless and Rebellious
- I’m about as rebellious as a Mormon drinking caffeine. Which I don’t even do. So…no. Not rebellious.
- Independent and Friendly
- I like to think I’m independent. It took me a long time to get used to being on my own, but I hope that I’ve done it fairly well.
So, that was fun, if you’re like Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory and think “the mass cultural delusion that the sun’s apparent position relative to arbitrarily defined constellations at the time of your birth somehow affects your personality”is dumb. Cuz I do.